CDBG Covid-19 Mortgage Rental Assistance
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR MORTGAGE/RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The City of South Fulton in partnership with Fulton County CDGB Division will provide eligible City of South Fulton households within the city limits up to six (6) months of mortgage and rental assistance for low-to-moderate income residents who have been financially impacted directly as a result of COVID-19.
MORTGAGE/RENTAL ASSISTANCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The property must be located within the City of South Fulton city limits and will be verified by the city’s GIS office (CoSF grant program is for City of South Fulton residents only).
- City of South Fulton employees (including contract-employees) may not apply to this grant; please dial 211 for assistance in identifying eligible resources.
- Applicants must not have previously obtained assistance from any other government agencies participating in COVID-19 response programs as per Section 312 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, (42 U.S.C. 5121–5207) (Stafford Act).
- Applicants must have become unemployed or had a decrease in their household income due to COVID-19 (see list of Impacts of COVID-19 section below).
- Must provide proof of social security number(s) for all household members.
- Must provide proof of U.S. citizenship for applicant
- Must provide proof of identity for applicant
- Must provide proof of income within the last thirty (30) days of application for all household members over the age of 18.
- Household income must meet low-to-moderate income qualifications as established by HUD (see below Eligible Income Limits table).
- Verifiable mortgage bill, past due notice, or rental ledger with total arrears must be submitted.
2023 Eligible Income Limits (based on 80%* AMI)
Number in Household
APPLICATION PROCESS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Applications can be downloaded here: Covid19 Mortgage Rental Assistance Application
- Completed applications must be emailed to the following address: [email protected]. Only completed applications will be accepted.
(Note: Completed application is defined as fully filled-out with all required documentation.)
- Applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted.
- The City of South Fulton will not provide status updates on applications; applicants will be notified via email if an application was approved or not.
- Applicant applying must be the homeowner, legal Power of Attorney, or renter (Note: An official statement must be submitted as proof of legal Power of Attorney).
- Financial assistance will be paid to and sent directly to the landlord lender/mortgage company.
- Applications that are incomplete or missing verification documents will not be accepted.
- The CoSF CDBG COVID-19 mortgage/rental assistance program is a one-time grant opportunity for eligible City of South Fulton households.
- Contact information is as follows: tel: (470) 945-2869 or email: [email protected]
Impacts of COVID-19:
- You were laid-off from your primary place of employment as a direct result of COVID-19.
- You and or your household has experienced a reduction in income as a direct result of COVID-19.
- You or a member of your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and or are required to quarantine as a direct result of the COVID-19.
- You are providing care for a family member or a member of your household who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You had to quit your job as a direct result of COVID-19.
- Your work or life situation has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, causing an inability to obtain employment.