Park Use Rules and Regulations
City of South Fulton parks are communal areas, and those who visit them should show respect towards themselves, others, and the park’s property. There are certain rules that govern conduct in parks that we would like to highlight. These rules are outlined below, followed by excerpts from the City of South Fulton Code of Ordinances that apply to City parks. For more comprehensive legal information, please refer to the online version of the Code of Ordinances (https://library.municode.com/ga/south_fulton/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PT2COOR_TIT11PARE).
Please visit CivicRec if you would like to reserve a pavilion or room.
- Parks are open from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM from Monday to Friday. Please note that these hours may vary depending on specific parks and special events. For the most accurate information, it’s best to check with the specific park you plan to visit.
- Park Leash Law: No individual is allowed to let a dog or other canine roam freely in city parks or recreational facilities.
- Respect Commercial Activity Restrictions: Do not sell or offer for sale any merchandise, operate a concession, or engage in any commercial activity in a park or recreation facility without authorization.
- Avoid Damage to Park Property: Do not deface, harm, or damage any park buildings, wildlife, property, equipment, signs, or vegetation.
- Do Not Discharge Firearms: Do not discharge firearms or use any device capable of throwing any projectile within any city park or recreational facility.
- Restrict Drone Use: Do not operate a drone within the airspace above a city park or recreation facility without authorization by permit.
- Avoid Dumping on Public Property: Do not throw, deposit, place or cause to be placed on any city park or recreation facility any household furnishings, appliances or parts or components thereof, vehicle parts or components, construction debris, dirt, earth, yard waste, garbage, refuse, kitchen waste, recyclables or other similar substances, sewage, petroleum products, antifreeze; including fluids leaking from vehicles.
- Pay Recreation Use Fees: Pay designated parking or recreational use fees in any city park or recreational facility.
- Golfing Regulated: Practice or play golf in a city park only if it is a recreation facility designated for such use.
- Do Not Injure Public Property: Do not cut, break, mutilate, deface or engage in any indecent or loud acts of behavior that destroy or injure any public property belonging to the city.
- Avoid Interference with Park Official or Employee: Do not impede, intimidate, violate forcibly resist, interfere with any park ranger, park official or employee of a City of South Fulton park or recreation facility engaged in the performance of his/her official duties.
- Do Not Kill or Disturb Wildlife: It’s unlawful to kill or disturb wildlife.