- About Us
The City of South Fulton: Where You Want to Be
Where you want to be – it’s not just a motto. It’s a way of life.
Situated within a drive of 15 to 20 minutes to Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport – the world’s busiest – the City of South Fulton is home to more than 107,000 people. It represents the best of all worlds, from the bustling business districts on Roosevelt and Old National Highways to sprawling, rural scenes along the city’s picturesque southeast border. Communities such as Red Oak, Campbellton, and Sandtown enjoy rich histories that have unfolded of hundreds of years.
Incorporated on May 1, 2017, the City of South Fulton is Georgia’s fifth-largest city in population. Nearly 92 percent of its residents hold at least a high school diploma and the average household income is about $78,000, making the city one of the best-educated and most affluent in the south metro Atlanta area.
The city provides zoning, planning, permitting, and economic development services and manages parks, recreation, cultural, public works, sanitation, and public safety efforts. Private companies and the city of Atlanta offer utility services. Fulton County Schools educates students living in the city.
The mayor and a seven-member council set all policy for the city and the city manager directs day-to-day operations under a council-city manager style of government. The city values and ensures transparency and always seeks and applies input from residents on major initiatives.
You can learn more about our city and the services we offer on the pages of this website. If you have questions, reach out to us via email and we’ll get you the answers. But, don’t stop there. Get involved by serving on a committee or volunteering at a city-sponsored event. Join us as we continue to make the City of South Fulton where you want to be.
- Population: 107,436 (2020 U.S. Census)
- Under 5 - 7.1 percent
- Ages 5-17 - 24.8 percent
- Ages 18-64 - 56.8 percent
- Ages 65 and older - 11.3 percent
- Home ownership rate: 67.5 percent
- Average Household Income: $65,919
- Residents with a high school diploma: 94.1 percent
- Residents with a bachelor’s degree: 37.4 percent
View the City Demographics Profile (PDF).
- Land Area: 85.64 square miles
- 1,700-plus businesses
- 17 parks totaling 692 acres
- Council/Manager form of government
- Mission statement: To provide exceptional customer service that sustains a safe, inclusive, innovative and an economically vibrant city.
- Official policy for the city is set by the elected body
- City Manager runs the daily operations of the city