WELCOME FULTON INDUSTRIAL BLVD
On May 10, 2021, the Governor of GA signed House Bill 445 (HB445); and according to Section I (b) of the HB445 it states as follows: "In addition to the territory described in subsection (a) of this section, the corporate limits of the City of South Fulton shall also include all of the unincorporated territory of Fulton County on the effective date of this Act south of the centerline of the right of way of State Route 402, also known as Interstate 20."
Now that your business resides within the city, the Business License Division will assume the responsibility for transitioning your current Fulton County business licenses over to a City of South Fulton business license. It is our pleasure to serve the businesses of the Fulton Industrial District and we look forward to a great working relationship.
FIB Business License Transition Packet - complete and return by July 31, 2021; with your original current Fulton County Business License, copy of secure and verifiable identification (i.e., driver’s license or state id) and any associated state, county, and/or local license/permits/registrations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the South Fulton Business License Division at 470-809-7700 or BusinessLicenses@cityofsouthfultonga.gov.
All people firms, companies or corporations, including limited liability companies, and professional corporations, now or hereafter operating a business in the city, are hereby required to register their business or office, obtain an occupation tax certificate for their business or office, and pay the amount now or hereafter fixed as taxes and fees thereon.
Annual Occupational Tax Certificate Deadlines:
Business licenses expires December 31
Renewal deadline is March 31
Occupational tax penalties take effect April 1
Step 1: Zoning Confirmation
Step 2: New Business License Application Packet Submission
• Notarized E-Verify Private Employer and SAVE Affidavit
• Copy of Secure and Verifiable ID
• Secretary of State Control Number - only for corporations, nonprofit corporations, professional corporations, limited partnerships (LP), and limited liability companies (LLC)
• Signs or Banners - to hang a new, or change an existing, sign or banner contact the Permitting Division of (CDRA).
• Professional State License - each person licensed by the State of Georgia pursuant to Title 43 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated shall provide a copy of his or her current state license.
• Fulton County Food Service Permit - required if your business sells, serves or caters food. An additional licenses may be required for other food types/businesses; please check with the Department of Agriculture.
• Alcohol Beverage License - required if your business sells or serves alcohol. All Alcohol Licenses are issued through the City of South Fulton Police Department, License and Permit unit. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-809-7372.
• Short-Term Rental Application - there are additional requirements for businesses who rent short-term rental properties such as Air B&B and similar accommodations.
Step 3: Schedule Fire Inspection (470) 809-7575 - the applicant is responsible for scheduling his/her inspection directly with the Fire Marshall once zoning has been approved and the occupational tax application has been submitted with the required $75 inspection fee. (Not required for Residential businesses; with the exception of Day Cares, Personal Care Homes and similar businesses.)
Step 4: Issuance of Occupational Tax Certificate - once the application and inspection have been approved and the certificate fee determined, the applicant must make payment in full before the Occupational Tax Certificate is issued. The certificate must be displayed in a conspicuous place at the business location.
The City of South Fulton is pleased to announce that all business license renewals will now be processed in-house. Our partnership with Avenu has been terminated, to provide you an upgraded level of service. In our continuing efforts to further improve our customer service, the City of South Fulton, along with Sages Network, Inc., has implemented SagesGov, a completely paperless system for submitting, tracking and managing all business license applications and renewals.
Business License are valid for one calendar year, January 1 through December 31, and must be renewed by March 31st of each year. Failure to renew on/or before March 31st will result in a penalty in the amount of ten percent (10%), plus 1.5% interest on the amount owed for each month or portion thereof.