Welcome to the City of South Fulton Development Services, a division under the (CDRA) Community Development & Regulatory Affairs umbrella.
Development Services is responsible for all development and permitting activities for the city.
We bridge the gap between building services, civil engineering, planning and zoning, and permitting.
We offer administrative and technical support to internal and external clients for ease of accessing information, starting new projects, and obtaining approvals for administrative, discretionary, and special entitlement projects.
Development Services process the following permit applications:
- Residential (new construction, demolitions, alterations, additions, renovations, sheds, fences, retaining walls)
- Commercial (new construction, interior alterations, additions, build-out, white box, demolitions)
- Trades/ MEPs (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
- Zoning Certifications
- Land Disturbance
- Minor Plats
- Final Plats
- Special Events
- Administrative: Roadside Vending, Food Trucks
To apply for building permits, land disturbance, zoning certifications, plat reviews (minor [lot split/ consolidation]/ major [final/ subdivision developments] please visit SagesGov - Cloud based Plan Review, Permitting and Inspections | Sages Networks, Inc. to create an account.
To apply for a special event, film, and/or administrative permit please submit a completed application to [email protected]
To apply for a variance, special use, or zoning medication (re-zoning) entitlement please submit the applicable completed application to [email protected]
Confirm your address is in the South Fulton and check the zoning, visit Zoning and Land Use Viewer (arcgis.com)
CoSF code of ordinances, visit Code of Ordinances | South Fulton, GA | Municode Library
CoSF final zoning ordinance, visit COSF_Final-ZONING-ORDINANCE (cityofsouthfultonga.gov)
Locate your power utility company, visit Power Utility Services | South Fulton, GA (cityofsouthfultonga.gov)
What are the fees, visit Approved-Citywide-Fee-Schedule-5262020 (cityofsouthfultonga.gov)
To submit an open records request, visit Support Home Page (govqa.us)
Inspection requests are submitted online via the SAGES.gov online permitting portal. Login SagesGov - Cloud based Plan Review, Permitting and Inspections | Sages Networks, Inc. select your project from the worklist, when the overview page opens, select the inspection icon and schedule the desired inspection. Inspections, scheduled before 4 p.m. [business day] may be scheduled as early as the next business day. Actual inspection dates and times may be altered and/or determined in accordance with the building inspection team’s workload.
Reaching the Staff & Submitting Applications
- Permitting staff can be reached between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:00 pm to assist you with your permitting needs.
- Effective Monday, April 6, 2020, all new applications must be submitted via our electronic permitting software, SagesGov. Applications previously submitted will continue processing as normal. City staff will contact applicants via email or phone.
- If you are need of an invoice to pay for a permit or reinspection fee, send your request to our Permitting Team. Once you receive your invoice, payments can be made online. Please note, payments made after 3:00 pm will be processed the next business day.
- Inspections will continue as normal with communication via Sages. All inspection requests received by 4:00 pm will be conducted the next business day.
- For inspection questions requiring immediate assistance, contact Brian Epstein at 678-333-6900