Police Officer Duties
The Field Operations Division (FOD) is an essential aspect of the department and where all new recruits begin their police career. Police Officer duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Patrolling their beats, responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary investigations, investigating traffic related incidents, writing reports, pursuing and detaining suspects and making arrests.
- Preparing for and attending court appearances.
- Enforcing traffic and parking laws.
- Participating in community policing activities.
- Participating in mandatory and elective training including firearms and defensive tactics.
- Working with other police department units as well as other local, state and federal entities.
The South Fulton Police Department offers a variety of ways to serve
- Ample advancement opportunities
- Background / Recruitment Division
- Community Oriented Police (COPS)
- Criminal Investigations
- Hostage Negotiations
- K-9 Handler
- Motors (coming soon)
- Narcotics Unit
- Office of Professional Standards
- Park Rangers
- Recruitment / Background Investigator
- School Resource Officer
- Traffic Unit
- Training Division