On October 23, 2018, Mayor and Council adopted Solid Waste Ordinance 2018-041, making it mandatory for all residents to sign up with a registered vendor. Recent data received from sanitation haulers shows several of our residents are not registered with one of the nine approved vendors for sanitation services. To sign up for service or if you have service and received this notice in error, please complete the form. Thank you for doing your part in keeping City of South Fulton beautiful.
- To promote safety, sanitation, reliable waste collection, and protection of the environment and City streets and roads
- To assist with controlling illegal dumping
Overall Description of the Program
- Solid Waste Vendors must qualify with the City by meeting the minimum requirements of the Solid Waste Ordinance and secure a City of South Fulton Waste Collection permit.
- Authorized Vendors contract directly with Residents to establish waste collection services.
- Property Owners/Residents have the option of selecting any company from the approved Vendor list to provide service.
- The City charges approved vendors an infrastructure maintenance fee to assist with costs associated with maintaining the roads.
- Allows residents to maintain current sanitation service Vendor.
- Is there an ordinance that regulates the City of South Fulton Sanitation Services?
- How much will Sanitation Services cost?
- Who are the Sanitation vendors?
- Do we have to pick one of these vendors for Sanitation Services?
- Can we keep our current Sanitation Service provider?
- What if we don’t currently have sanitation services?
- What if Sanitation services are not available in my area?
- What is the deadline to select a service provider?
- Can I request an exemption?
- Are vendors mandated to offer both trash and recycling services?
- Is the COSF mandating vendors to charge residents the 5% fee?
- Who do I contact for recycling services?
- Who do I contact for questions regarding Sanitation Services?
City of South Fulton Waste Collection Program
The City of South Fulton is committed to providing quality services to its citizens, sustaining and protecting the city's resources, and making enhancements in the city to improve the quality of life. As a realization of those commitments, the City is proud to introduce its new Waste Collection Program.
In an effort to make sure residents and businesses are aware and have access to this important information about the new program, we invite you to view our Sanitation Letter. The letter details the program and lists important information about the Sanitation Service Vendors.
If you have any questions about the City of South Fulton Sanitation Program, please call the Public Works Department at 470-552-4311 (Available 24 Hours) or visit in-person at:
5440 Fulton Industrial Blvd S.W.
Atlanta, GA 30336