The City of South Fulton Public Works Department is committed to providing quality service to its citizens. The department is dedicated to sustaining and protecting the city’s resources, maintaining and upgrading the city’s infrastructure and making improvements in the city to improve the quality of life. The Department of Public Works can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (470) 552-4311.
Submit a Public Works request.
- City Info
- Active Projects
- Field Services Division
- Operations Video
- Transportation Projects
Maintenance coordinated through this department:
Construction & Maintenance
- Bridge Maintenance
- Drainage System Maintenance
- Gravel Road Maintenance
- Right-of-Way Maintenance
- Road Maintenance
- ATMS and ITS Systems
- Installation and Maintenance
- Pavement Markings
- Roadway and Facility Sign Fabrication
- Traffic Signal Maintenance
- Traffic Studies
Field Services is responsible for maintaining the City’s roads, bridges, drainage structures, and rights of way. The division plays a key role in emergency operations, and is responsible for road maintenance, and landscaping on road medians and some rights of way.
Maintenance of streets and roads, drainage structures, and rights of way involve multiple jobs, such as:
- Roadway – pothole repair, sidewalk and curb reconstruction, street sweeping, snow and ice management debris removal from under bridges, and pavement reconstruction
- Right of Way – tree trimming, grass cutting, and litter pick-up services on public rights of way.
- Stormwater – clearing ditches, storm drain pipes, catch basins, detention/retention ponds, outfalls.
Field Services helps keep roads open in emergencies, such as snow and ice storms, flooding, sink holes and downed trees.
Emergency field or road service calls should be reported to 470-552-4311.
The Field Services group oversees the maintenance of roadsides and medians. Right-of-way mowing, tree and brush removal within the public right-of-way.