The Risk Management Department:
- Plans, organizes, implements and monitors a comprehensive loss-control program for the City.
- Identifies, analyzes and evaluates risks and potential losses to the City as they relate to insurance, safety and claims.
- Recommends and assists in the negotiation and selection of insurance programs for the City.
- Negotiates the adjustment of all insured and uninsured losses, participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and prepares material and evidence for use by the City in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Inspects city facilities to assess existing or potential accidents and health hazards recommends corrective or prevent measures as needed.
Reporting a Claim
- Employee is required to notify his/her immediate Supervisor of injury immediately
- Employee is to complete report on COSF online Risk Management portal immediately, or by the end of their shift
- If applicable, Risk Manager will follow-up with employee, supervisor and department regarding medical treatment
- Click here to report a claim
Injury Investigation Process
Injury investigations are conducted by the Risk Manager and by the TPA adjuster affiliated with the City’s insurance company to assist in managing claims. Not all injury claims require an investigation such as ‘Report Only’ claims.
Auto Investigation Process
- Employee is required to Call 911
- Employee shall seek Medical treatment if needed
- Employee is to take pictures of both vehicles, the surrounding area, and pertinent to the investigation
- Employee is required to report accident to his/her immediate supervisor immediately
- Employee is required to report accident on COSF online risk reporting portal immediately, or by the end of shift
- If applicable, the Risk Manager and the TPA adjuster will speak with the employee and their supervisor for additional details.