Parks and recreation
To provide all citizens in the City of South Fulton the highest level of programs, facilities and services that will positively affect our vision of creating community. The Department of Parks & Recreation plans, organizes, and directs comprehensive park and recreation services for 17 parks and 692 acres and all specialized facilities. This includes the tennis centers, natatorium, gymnasiums, recreation centers, community buildings, and athletic fields. Our scope also includes partnerships with associations, contractors, vendors, and the community at large.
Great parks have the power to increase our quality of life and strengthen the fabric of the City Of South Fulton. Our vision is to provide affordable recreational, physical and cultural opportunities for all of City of South Fulton residents with a focus on families, youth development, adults, and building healthy communities. The programs and services offered by the Department will provide excellent value and quality and emphasize the equitable distribution of resources throughout the City. We will offer these programs in safe, attractive and well-maintained facilities that will reflect our community’s needs and interests. Great Parks spur economic development, make our citizens happy, our communities strong, and our city sustainable.
Goals for Parks and Recreation
- To provide multi-generational opportunities within the City.
- To grow our parks system as our city grows.
- To consistently engage our residents to assess their needs and increase the utilization of parks services and amenities
- To increase public awareness and knowledge of the recreational opportunities for our residents and visitors.
- Enrich the lives of residents and build a healthier community.
- Make the city a better place to live, work, and play.