The mission of the Human Resources Department is to attract and retain a qualified and educated workforce that meets the needs of the organization and to provide a positive work environment for all employees.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for managing the full range of workforce services including the following:
- Benefits administration
- Employee relations
- Job classification and compensation
- Local, state and federal personnel compliance
- Organizational development and learning
- Performance management
- Policy administration and interpretation
- Records, database and transaction management
- Talent acquisition and management
Human Resources Department Commitment
The Human Resources Department is committed to optimizing organizational effectiveness by attracting, engaging, developing, supporting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. To accomplish this, we strive to:
- Be diligent in our efforts to provide excellent service and quality in an effective and fiscally sound manner
- Create and maintain meaningful partnerships
- Treat those we serve with both dignity and respect
- Value diversity in operations and the community
- Be accountable for our actions
- Uphold the highest professionalism, moral and ethical standards
With the adoption of key legislation, the City of South Fulton initiated the building of a city infrastructure to govern within the requirements of the Charter. On inauguration day, the City Manager, City Clerk and the City Attorney were appointed and approved. This allowed the City to hire strategic staff to manage the day to day operations and functions in areas of Planning, Zoning, Human Resources, and Code Enforcement.
Each department is vigorously hiring the best and most qualified candidates to staff these departments and thereby ensuring the needs of the residents of the City of South Fulton are met.